- Cases 103
- Hospitalizations 6
- Deaths 4**
*These are cumulative totals as of 07/13/2021 4pm **Deaths in people with a recent positive COVID test.
- CASES PAST 7 days: 0
- CASES PAST 14 days: 0
This week's percent positivity was 0.0 percent, unchanged from last week. The goal is to remain below five percent.
Please get tested if exposed or if you have symptoms. It is FREE! Call 719-438-5401 and ask for the lab. If you are having severe symptoms such as significant trouble breathing, etc. call 911.
Call 719-438-5782 or 719-336-8721 with questions. You can check https://covid19.colorado.gov
for information or email email@example.com with any questions. We appreciate your patience in this busy and trying time!
- WALK-IN VACCINE CLINICS are available Wednesdays in July at the Kiowa
- County Public Health office from 9:00 a.m. to noon and 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Age 12+ can only receive Pfizer vaccine at this time (2 doses 21 days apart). Moderna and J&J are for ages 18+ at this time. Moderna is 2 doses 28 days apart and Jannsen (aka Johnson&Johnson, J&J) is a single dose vaccine.
- Although the 70% goal has been met for those 70 and older, Kiowa County still is at less than 40% of those eligible as a whole!
- The Delta Variant is now responsible for more than 50% of the infections in Colorado and the US. While we have not had this isolated in Kiowa County, it has been found in our region. It is 50% more transmissible than non-variant COVID-19 viruses. There is significant concern that counties with low vaccine uptake will have significant case surges in the near future. Almost all hospitalizations and deaths are now in those who are unvaccinated.
- The most important thing you can do is continue to follow the guidance we have recommended from the beginning! Stay home if not feeling well, cover coughs and sneezes, wash hands frequently or use 60+% alcohol-based hand sanitizer, wear a mask/face covering to contain any respiratory droplets and stay at least 6 feet from others. Minimize gatherings.