15 Years Ago
June 28, 2002
- Colorado state wide ban on fireworks will be strictly enforced by the Kiowa County Sheriff Department
- Wild Horse Roundup-Curtis Shrimp: We got one of those small dishes for our television. Now I don't have to hit the control box on top of the TV to get a picture. Marty has about got me trained how to use the control.
25 Years Ago
June 25, 1992
- The new communication system has improved overall emergency and law enforcement communication in Kiowa County. All emergency agencies are now tapped into the same channel that utilizes two repeaters.
- Friends in Eads were happy to read Mike Oquist, pitcher for the Baltimore Orioles, featured in the Pueblo Chieftain. Both of Mike's parents graduated from Eads High School and have a lot of friends in the area.
- Mvra Watts, Evelyn Durrett, Pansy Foxworthy, Alice Keller, Peggy Pursely, and Pansy and Mvra's nieces from California and 21 from Lamar, traveled on the Columbine Tour Club to Tennessee
40 Years Ago
July 1, 1977
- Sheila May was selected as the Kiowa County Sheriff Posse Queen and will represent Kiowa County in statewide Colorado Sheriff Posse Gymkhana
50 Years Ago
June 30, 1967
- Pete West captured a large snapping turtle near Wiley. The shell measured 10 inches wide by 12 inches long. Recent heavy rains have brought turtles, toads etc. out into the open.
- The Tastee Treat and the Eads Flower and Gift Shop open under new management. Mr. & Mrs. Dale Brian re-opened the Tastee Treat Drive-In and Keith & Mary Lea Wissel transferred ownership of their shop to Mr. & Mrs. O. R. Cunningham