Published Saturday, February 10, 2018
Pages from the Past
15 Years Ago
February 7, 2003
- Baby Bear Hugs was the recipient of the Group Publishing, Inc 2002 Community Service Award. This award was in recognition for outstanding service to improve community life in northern Colorado.
- USDA Update-Rod Johnson: We had some significant wind Saturday into Sunday before it started to snow. Several producers have had to chisel land to stop the blowing.
25 Years Ago
February 11, 1993
- The Board of Education, Community and Staff are facing tough decisions in order to further reduce cost next year's budget. The reductions are coming about because the passage of Amendment #1 (Doug Bruce) and defeat Amendment #6 (1% sales tax increase) and strong belief taxes and government are out of control.
40 Years Ago
February 10, 1978
- Eads wrestling Eagles took second place in the district wrestling tournament qualifying nine grapplers for the state.
- Weisbrod Memorial County Hospital directors heard an optimistic fiscal report, triggered by a dramatic increase in the number of patients admitted to the hospital in the final 20 days of January.
- 50 Years Ago
February 9, 1968
- Two Kiowa County students, Karen Teeter, Plainview, and Pamela Barnes, Eads, named 1968 Betty Crocker Homemaker of Tomorrow for their respective schools.
75 Years Ago
January 22, 1943
- The Victory Theatre was given a thorough remodeling recently and new equipment added. This includes a new plastic silver screen and new lens on the machine which gives much clearer picture.
100 Years Ago
January 25, 1918
- The buildings occupying the lots where P.R. Devereux is soon to begin erection of a new structure, are being moved away. The meat market has been moved by Mr. Martin, to one of the rooms in the Eales building on railroad avenue. John Drown, who occupied the old barber shop with his tailoring business, also has establish quarters in the Eales building. Also shoe and harness shop.