Published Saturday, September 8, 2018
15 Years Ago
September 5, 2003
- USDA Updates-Rod Johnson: Rain fall totals range from 0.5 inches in the Haswell area to 1.5 inches or more in the eastern part of the county
25 Years Ago
September 8, 1993
- Eagle Vision LLC, owners Mike Beeson and Vern "Beatle" Koch, recently constructed and launched a Standard Cable System in the town of Eads.
40 Years Ago
September 8, 1978
- In the Primary to be held Tuesday, September 12, three Republicans are on the ballot for Kiowa County Commissioner District 2, William F. Dawson, Earl Kelley Sr. and Lloyd Philpy. The winner will face Roy Robertson, Democrat candidate who is seeking re-election.
50 Years Ago
September 6, 1968
- A former Towner man fired a 207-yard hole-in-one under a real handicap. He only plays with one arm. Delbert "Zip" Butler used a 3 iron on the 11thhole. "Zip" swings a golf club with only his right arm. He lost the thumb and four fingers of his left hand several years ago in an ensilage cutter on his farm near Towner.
75 Years Ago
September 3, 1943
- The Stop & Shop Food Store in Eads was purchased by T.O. "Clink" White of Brandon.
- Mr. & Mrs. John Osolin will discontinue their grocery department. Since opening their business several years ago, with so much work, they find it impossible to handle the grocery department.
100 Years Ago
September 6, 1918
- Word has been received of the arrival in France of Lt. Jas. C. Lang. George Devereux, Dewey Smith, Ernest Ek and Forest Carpenter.