15 Years Ago
December 19, 2003
- Dear Santa, You should meet my special teacher Mrs. Gooden. I am glad I have as good as teacher as her. Chelsea Lynn Crosby
- Dear Santa, Does Rudolph really have a red nose and does he really guide the sleigh every Christmas? Dorian Ray
- Dear Santa, Do you like delivering toys? Do you like making toys? Mariya Krueger
25 Years Ago
December 22, 1993
- There are reports the Colorado Department of Health & the EPA have suggested to Bio-Gro they stop the application of sludge and related products in all Kiowa County.
- County Commissioners receive an early Christmas present. Press owner David Parker to leave the state.
- Dear Santa, Hi, I'm Joshua Fry. I would like a horse, ice skates, school pants and a army gun. Joshua Fry.
- Dear Santa, I got Santa some tennis shoes. I want a dinosaur toy. Love T.J. Watts
- Dear Santa, I would like a real baby horse, a saddle, a brush and a real monkey. Love Joey Grivois
40 Years Ago
December 22, 1978
- An early afternoon fire which roared through Ronald Ferris home left only a smoldering heap of ashes as a reminder of what once was.
- Clara Gereke who has been Kiowa County Senior Citizen coordinator over the past 6 years is retiring again from public service. Clara retired once before after teaching school for 35 years.
- Dear Santa, I want some knee boots and a boyfriend, 2 tires, a dolly, a bad boy and tape recorder, Love Lana
- Dear Santa Claus, I want a German Shepherd Travis Riggins.
- Dear Santa, I want a four wheel-drive tractor and a semi cattle truck Jimmy Brown
50 Years Ago
December 20, 1968
- Haswell Happenings: Despite so much sickness, there was a nice turn-out for the Christmas program and church dinner.
75 Years Ago
December 17, 1943
- Southeast Colorado Power Association has received a notice of approval of an $880,000 allotment for acquiring electric light and water systems in southeaster Colorado and southwestern Kansas