15 Years Ago
October 22, 2004
- Over 400 Residents from across Kiowa County participated in the mass vaccination exercise.
- The Kiowa County Commissioners are excited to announce the groundbreaking ceremony for the new assisted living center October 2, 2004.
- The annual Haswell Fish Fry picnic was Sunday afternoon at the park. Paul Stoker fishes at Blue Lake and furnished the fish as a "thank you" for community support of the Haswell Propane & Fuel Co.
25 Years Ago
October 28, 1994
- Wild Horse Roundup-Curtis Schrimp: There was quite a fire about 5 or 6 miles northwest of Wild Horse. I was told it was in a CRP field and burned about 2.5 miles long and about 0.5 miles wide.
- Towner Tales-Ann Harkness: Many residents have witnessed the cranes flying south this past week. Quite an impressive sight as they move noisily through the sky.
40 Years Ago
October 26, 1979
- Tom Davis, owner of Kiowa Drug, reported considerable damage throughout the store when someone threw a full 7-up can thru the window.
- Sheridan Lake Ripples-Mrs. Oren White: Mark Osborn, son of Mr. & Mrs. Robert Osborn, fractured a wrist in a freak accident. A horse, half crazed by a rattlesnake bite, ran over him through a fence gate as Mark tried to hold back. The horse later died from the snake bite.
50 Years Ago
October 24, 1969
- Weather continues to dominate the news scene in Kiowa County as more rain covers most of the area.