15 Year Ago
March 25, 2005
- Wild Horse Roundup - Curtis Schrimp: For the last few days there have been as many turkeys as people in Wild Horse.
25 Years Ago
March 24, 1995
- Amanda Wyatt has been selected to receive the Colorado School of Mines Medal of Achievement in Math and Science for the academic year 1994-95.
40 Years Ago
March 21, 1980
- Craig Scott was named the Overall Grand Champion of the Junior High division at the Regional Science Fair.
- Ron Rehfeld took high individual honors in the annual Colorado State University intramural judging contest. Ron had a total score of 937 out of a possible 1000. Ron was also on the first-place team who took high overall honors.
50 Years Ago
March 20, 1970
- A town team basketball tournament is being planned for the Eads High Gym. Invitations have been sent to 15 teams.
75 Years Ago
March 16, 1945
- Our boys played very good basketball but were not accustomed to the large court. In selecting the all-star team, Donald Weatherman was given a place of honor.
100 Years Ago
March 19, 1920
- After closing down during the winter due to coal shortage, the drilling on Ne-No-She Oil Co. will resumed and push to completion as rapidly as possible.
- L.M. Bolton, formerly of Utica, KS, arrived with a tractor and plows. He recently purchased a half section which he will plow and prepare for wheat.
100 Years Ago
March 5, 1920
- The furniture in the new Low hotel has arrived and being put in place. The name of this new modern hotel will hereafter be known as the Rialto.