15 Year Ago
April 29, 2005
- The Economic Developers' Council of Colorado named Kiowa County and Eads the state's small community of the year.
- Quilt Show April 28 - May 7 at the Artist of the Plains Gallery.
25 Years Ago
April 28, 1995
- Kas Davisson: Life in Oklahoma City will never be the same. April 19, a single insane act destroyed hundreds of lives and the peace and serenity of Oklahoma City.
- A survey of wheat field from Eads to Haswell revealed that some field have significant damage from the April 10 storm.
- A small velvet bag found in January this year, containing $5,700 in $100 bills, was returned to its owner.
40 Years Ago
April 25, 1980
- I'm really not very old! I was only 91 April 11, just short two weeks ago! Maybe, just maybe, someone will remember me and wish me a Happy Birthday Kiowa County.
- Fire consumed the large stack of posts, and the heat caused extensive damage to the Robert Marcum home.
50 Years Ago
April 24, 1970
- Mr. & Mrs. Clark Beeson have opened Kiowa Parts, Inc. located in the building south of Fischer's Shamrock.
- Oral Parker is retiring from his GMC Truck and Farm Supply in the west part of town. He has sold to his son-in-law, Clifford Garrison
- Bill Honaker informed the Press softball practice will begin next Wednesday. Any men interested in playing slow-pitch softball are urged to attend.