15 Year Ago
May 6, 2005
- Eads 4th grader, Kyle Crow, earned $950 for his college education in statewide contest -Who Wants to Be a College Student?
- East End Events - Lana Weber: Plainview had their prom last Saturday. There were 30 students in attendance, along with several adults for the dinner
25 Years Ago
May 5, 1995
- Looking for a Super Sitter to care for your children? Twenty-three girls just completed a babysitting training course given by CSU Cooperative Extension service.
- CFSA Update -Rod Johnson: Most of the reports receiving from the field on freeze damage are favorable.
40 Years Ago
May 2, 1980
- April showers certainly have been in abundance during the month of April. According to the official weatherman, John E. Jacobs, a total of 3.86 of moisture has fallen.
- The Plainview School band continues to be successful as were the top-rated Class I band at contest held in Limon.
- Home Oil Company in Eads was burglarized late Monday night or Tuesday morning and approximately $270 in cash taken.
- Colorado farmers and ranchers facing a possible grasshopper epidemic this summer should react quickly and forcefully to restrictive EPA guidelines on the use of pesticides
50 Years Ago
May 1, 1970
- CSU announced that, due to lack of legislative funding, cutbacks in spending must be made. One suggestion was reducing experimental branch station by 1/2 and close the Rocky Ford Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory.