15 Year Ago
June 3, 2005
- Australia artist Colley Whisson will conduct a one-day oil painting seminar at the Artist of the Plains Gallery.
- The Eastern Kiowa County Alumni Reunion was scheduled for August 6 at the Towner Community Hall.
25 Years Ago
June 2, 1995
- The Colorado Historical Society awarded $5,000 to the town of Haswell to conduct a historical evaluation of Old Town Haswell.
- Nursing Home News- Nellie Nickert: The kindergarten students came for a balloon lift: each resident had their name on a balloon. If you were to be looking skyward at 2:30 you would have noticed a number of multi-colored balloons floating over town.
- Area Notes- Amy Weirich: Where are we living? Is this southeast Colorado? I'm beginning to wonder, with all the moisture that we have had lately.
40 Years Ago
May 30, 1980
- Graduation ceremonies were held throughout the county. Plainview had 12 Seniors and 9 eighth graders walk across the stage. In Eads there were 19 eighth graders and 27 Seniors.
50 Years Ago
May 29, 1970
- Lou Campbell of Lamar topped a field of 59 golfers during an open golf tournament at Eads Golf & Country Club.
Reorganization of the extension service in the lower Arkansas Valley into a single multicounty unit has been approved by the Board of County Commissioners