15 Year Ago
September 30, 2005
- The Eads Chamber of Commerce Car Show held in conjunction with the Kiowa County Fair was a success again as 25 entered the show.
- As the West End Turns- Michelle Wykoff: Blow-drying 101. Select blow dryer on ability to dry hair, not because it's your favorite color.
- Wild Horse Roundup- Curtis Schrimp: What a Saturday evening. A very, very large crowd gathered at the Ernie Hammer ranch to join in their annual end of summer get together.
25 Years Ago
September 29, 1995
- Kiowa County 4-H families are concluding the 1994-95 year with great pride. Membership increased by 11% to 115 members.
- The Plainview High School cheerleaders will be attending the National Cheerleading competition in Dallas, Texas.
40 Years Ago
September 26, 1980
- Nursing Home News- LaVerne Fischer: Residents have been busy picking tomatoes from their vines and have ended up with a bumper crop thanks to their grand gardener Mike Kasza.
50 Years Ago
September 25, 1970
- Reflections-From the Press Editor's Pad: a general rain in these parts Monday and Tuesday certainly brought smiles to many faces.
- The Census Bureau release its official count, with a considerable drop in Eads to 776. Kiowa County also so dropped to 2,006.
- There have been three fires in Haswell this week started by sparks from the trains.
75 Years Ago
September 21, 1945
- A barn and several sheds on the John Davis ranch near Haswell were destroyed by fire. A mow-full of hay, considerable mineral, cotton seed cake and five calves were lost.
100 Years Ago
September 24, 1920
- Sheriff W.S. McCracken captured two bootleggers who were operating in the vicinity. They had five gallons of liquor and a Ford, all of which was taken charge of by the County.