15 Year Ago
March 10, 2006
- USDA Update- Rod Johnson: three of us in the office read the post card before mailing it to producers. None of us noticed we failed to included location of the meeting.
- East End Events- Lana Weber. The Plainview Juniors and Seniors had a great time walking around Denver and the Capitol Building.
- About Town- Melissa Peterson & Doris Lessenden: We have a separate season within spring called mud season.
25 Years Ago
March 8, 1996
- Nursing Home News- Nellie Nickert: I think everyone has a bit of gambling in the blood, for all the activities offered; bingo has the most enthusiastic attendance.
40 Years Ago
March 6, 1981
- Although the much-needed moisture was welcome to almost everyone, it did cause some minor problems for Southeast Colorado Power Association.
- Miss Tammy Stowell and Sebrina Brandfas, of Eads, have been selected as finalist in the Miss National Teenage Pageant.
- George Blackburn and Kelley Jackson, both of Kiowa County, were honored at the annual Cattlemen's meeting. Blackburn and Jackson were named life-long members.
50 Years Ago
March 5, 1971
- Kiowa County official population 1970 was 2029 down 16.3% from the 1960 census figure of 2425.
- Everett Wayne (Dusty) Tallman, a junior at Cheyenne Wells, was chosen for the National Honor Society. He was the only boy, with nine girls inducted into the Honor Society this year.