15 Years Ago
December 1, 2006
- Santa to arrive in Eads December 5 during the annual Fire Department & EMT Chili Supper.
- Wild Horse Roundup- Curtis Schrimp: We saw a train go by that was so long I thought it would never end. It was loaded with Army vehicles.
25 Years Ago
November 29, 1996
- Highway 287, under construction and lane restrictions, which had been causing delays for the past 58 days, has been reopened.
- State Ag Chief Tom Kourlis is trying to calm farmers' and ranchers' worries about the anti-trapping and state land board amendments passed in the general election. They will not be enforced until the governor signs into law.
40 Years Ago
November 27, 1981
- Chuck Bowen of Bowen Studio in Lamar received a plaque and ribbon for first place in the "Most Creative Photograph of the Year" by the Professional Photographers of Colorado.
50 Years Ago
November 26, 1971
- Kit Carson News- Ruby Lafferty: A Community party was given as a sort of "thank you" to all who do so much to make Kit Carson Day the success it was. Nearly 70 attended. There was old time music and refreshments of cookies, coffee and hot chocolate.