15 Years Ago
October 20, 2006
- The gas cost adjustment, if approved by COPUC, would decrease the current residential gas commodity rate 34% from $1.29 ccf to $0.85 ccf.
- Glenda Stoker has 18 or more tables of vendors for the upcoming Haswell Fall Festival. They may have more after Glenda interviewed on KLMR.
25 Years Ago
October 18, 1996
- Due to the rising cost in operating a health care system, the Weisbrod Hospital District will have a mill levy increase question on the November ballot.
- Eads youths Justin Crow and Ryan Trosper both advanced to the team championship of the NFL Punt, Pass & Kick contest.
40 Years Ago
October 16, 1981
- Members of the Eads Masonic Lodge and the Eads Public Housing Authority gathered north and behind City Hall to "break ground" for the senior citizen housing complex.
- Effective November 1, 1981, subscription rates will rise for in state to $10.00; out of state $12.00; and single copy $0.25.
- The Kiowa County Commissioners have 60 days to respond to a Colorado Health Department ruling that an open waste dump it is operating near Haswell is in violation of numerous environmental laws.
- Nursing Home News- LaVerne Fischer: Our ladies have clipped lots of coupons and invite anyone interested in looking through for any they might like to use.
- Sheriff Floyd Griswould and his staff spent most of the day rounding up cattle scattered along the highway after a tractor trailer failed to negotiate the curve at U.S. 287 and CO 96. A second accident happened south of the curve when a Kenworth struck a steer that had been in the trailer of the prior accident.
- Thank you, Jack Dixon and Marvin Richardson, for finding and returning the money bag you found.
50 Years Ago
October 15, 1971
- The Eads High School band had quite a day at the Air Force Academy meeting 2,000 other band member from 26 different high schools and combining talents for a thrilling halftime show.
- 91 former pupils and families and friends of the old Arlington School met for the fourth annual meeting.