15 Years Ago
June 15, 2007
- USDA Update- Rod Johnson: Kiowa County was buffeted by high winds, but only minor soil erosion was noted on some fields.
- Wild Horse Roundup- Curtis Schrimp: The KC Electric annual meeting was held, and our group did pretty good at the prize drawing. My name wasn't called so I just ate some free donuts.
25 Years Ago
June 13, 1997
- Eads Town Board were informed the contractor selected to construct restrooms at the roadside park would like to "walk away" from contract because an error in calculating bid
- About Town- Ida Lessenden: When we passed the lakes on 287, we were amazed at the hundreds and hundreds of boats on the lakes.
40 Years Ago
June 11, 1982
- The construction of cable TV has finally begun in Eads. Cable TV will bring additional 5 channels to the existing 4 with capability of 20 channels.
50 Years Ago
June 16, 1972
- At least 35,000 Coloradan would like the opportunity to vote on the question to hold or not to hold the 1976 Winter Olympics.
- The addition of two-way radio system provides the public with better and faster service through the Extension Office.
75 Years Ago
June 13, 1947
- It was a great disappointment to Eads citizens to watch the test of our new water well pump a good flow for quite a while then turn to salt water and fizzle out.
100 Years Ago
- M.W. Boyce has announced that he will run for Sheriff of Kiowa County subject to the decision of the Republican voters.
- The Commerce Clubs reports that a drinking fountain is to be placed on the corner in front of Nee-No-She office and tough for horses will be made across from the lumber yard.