15 Years Ago
September 7, 2007
- About Town- Melissa Peterson & Doris Lessenden: Mercy, there was a lot of activity in Eads over the Labor Day weekend. It took me a good five minutes to cross the highway and from South Maine Street due to all the semis and campers on the road.
- The Big Diamond Tour Bus returned about 50 local folks to the area and other parts of the state. This was a 9-day excursion which traversed several states to spend time in and around Mackinac Island, Michigan.
25 Years Ago
September 5, 1997
- Larry Kallenberger, executive director of DOLA announced that Kiowa County would receive $170,000 for road improvements from the Energy and Mineral Impact Assistance fund.
40 Years Ago
September 3, 1982
- Eads Golf Club held their annual Tri-State Golf Tourney that attracted 108 golfers to Eads for a two-day event.
50 Years Ago
September 8, 1972
- A daylight robbery at Triangle Clothiers resulted in $1,334 in cash being stolen at about 3:00 p.m. September 5.
- Haswell Notes- Doris Forsyth: We do know that it can rain at Haswell as we have had an abundant supply. Week ago, from 1.5 to 2.5 inches, this week a cloudburst 2.5 to 4 inches and drizzle the next day added another 1 to 1.5 inches