Pages from the Past - From our 136-year Archives for August 27, 2023
15 Years Ago
August 22, 2008
- Front Page: Fran Larrew is holding one of the 8 to 10 pound channel catfish release in Jackson’s Pond by the Colorado Division of Wildlife.
- After nearly a month of periodic ran across most of Kiowa County, Sheriff Forrest Frazee has suspended the county fire ban.
- Lamar Community College will offer two horse driving clinics this fall.
25 Years Ago
August 21, 1998
- One lane traffic that began Monday on Highway 287 west side of Eads will be in effect for the next 3.5 wks.
- About Town- Ida Lessenden: A rattlesnake bit Lillie Fox in her yard. This brave lade even drove herself to the hospital.
40 Years Ago
August 26, 1983
- Bob Miller of Eads took top honors at the Eads Annual Tri-State Golf Tournament.
- Several from the area competed in the first Brush Roping Team Event and made impressive showings.
50 Years Ago
August 24, 1973
- Two juveniles were apprehended in Kit Carson after allegedly breaking into the Kit Carson State Bank.
75 Years Ago
- Richard Falconburg and Dale Patterson left to join the armed forces.
- Wes Davis bought the garage building and also the residence at the Salem sale.
- The Eads School band attended the Colorado State Fair.