For all 4-H and FFA Livestock Exhibitors, I will be holding open scale night August 31st from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Including open class livestock, that the deadline to enter your livestock for the fair is August 11th by 4: 30 p.m.
Kit Carson Melodrama will not be able to perform this year during the fair. We had a great time doing it last year but due to several cast members not being able to make it, it is a no go for this year
- August 12, 2017 the American Legion Legacy Run takes off from the Fort Dodge Soldier's Home in Fort Dodge, Kansas. This year's route will be along US Hwy 50. Day 1 the Legacy Run will be traveling through Granada, Holly, Lamar, Las Animas, La Junta, Swink, Rocky Ford, Manzanola and Fowler. The end of Day 1 will be in Pueblo, CO
- The Town of Eads will be doing property inspections on August 14, 2017. We ask that everyone in the town please have their yards cleaned up and looking nice. (ie. weeds, trash, etc.) We are wanting the town to look great for Fair and the All Class Reunion. We thank you for your cooperation!"
- Ladies of the Kit Carson Trinity Lutheran Church LWML are taking orders for Cinnamon Rolls or your favorite pie to be picked up at Kit Carson Day on Saturday, September 2. You can have a choice of 8 large or 12 small rolls in a 8x12 pan. Call Doris Lessenden at 438-5665 or Betsy Evans at 962-3495 or Tracey Weeks at 688-2407 for prices.
- Eads Drivers License Schedule RENEWAL'S ONLY Aug 15,22,23,29,30. MVR report available
- Kiowa County Commissioners Meeting Dates Aug 24-Sept 14, 28 Open to the public 9:00am - Commissioners will recess 12 - 1 for lunch 4-day notice is preferred for posted agenda
- Bonnie's Car Show September 9 Kiowa County Fairgrounds. All entry's & proceeds go for Bonnie Morgan expenses for her battle of cancer. Contact AJ McCracken 719-688-8655
- The Sand Creek Massacre National Historic Site open daily from 9 am to 4 pm, seven days a week. This schedule will remain in effect through November 30, 2017. The park will remain open for Labor Day (September 4th).
- Good News! The hot tub at Prairie Pines has been repaired. Contact Prairie Pines 438-2141 for hours etc.
- Every Friday 2 pm coffee hour at Prairie Pines
- Coffee Hour every Thursday Morning 9 am at Weisbrod ECU
- Eads Senior Center is the site for Meals on Wheels prepared by Sage Services in Lamar. They are delivered HOT to Eads two days a week. Contact Areta Laird for more information
Listings in Upcoming Events are free to non-profit groups or organizations, or for general, non-business community announcements