Published Sunday, March 25, 2018
- Eads Driver's License Schedule March -27-28. DD-214 or Active military ID must be presented at time of renewal for Military Insignia to be placed on your license. MVR Reports Available
- Kiowa County Commissioners Meeting Dates; Mar 29 - Apr 10 Open to the public 9:00am - Commissioners will recess 12 - 1 for lunch 4 day notice is preferred for posted agenda
- Christina Alba, PhD from the Denver Botanic Gardens, will be making a presentation with slideshow about the various grasses and plant vegetation present in our area at the Plains Theater March 27 at 6:00pm
- The Sand Creek Massacre National Historic Site open daily from 9 am to 4 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Every Friday 2 pm coffee hour at Prairie Pines
- Coffee Hour every Thursday Morning 9 am at Weisbrod ECU
Santa Fe Trail Association Upcoming Events
- March 24: Pecos National Historical Park, NM, Civil War Encampment, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm, 505-757-7241
- April 1: Deadline for submitting items for May issue of Wagon Tracks
- April 20-22: Santa Fe Trail Rendezvous at Council Grove, KS
- April 28: Fort Larned Old Guard program, Weapons & Hunting on the Great Plains, 888-321-7341
- April 29: Wet/Dry Routes and Dodge City/Fort Dodge/Cimarron Chapters meet at Kinsley City Hall, 1:00 pm, lunch and presentation, 888-321-7341.
- April 29: Pecos NHP hike to Arrowhead Pueblo, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm, 505-575-7241
- May 5: Pecos NHP hike to Lost Church, 8:30 - 10:30 am, 505-575-7241
- September 20-22, 2018: Santa Fe Trail Center Rendezvous, Larned, KS, Death on the Santa Fe Trail