Published Saturday, April 28, 2018
Around Kiowa County
- Sheridan Lake Bible Church is having a new Bible study, "The Armor of God", on Fridays at 9a.m. at the parsonage. It will last 7 weeks and started last Friday. All ladies are invited to come.
- Kiowa County Commissioners Meeting Dates: May 10-24 Jun 14-28 Jul 12-26 Aug 14-30 Sept 13-27 Oct 11-25 Nov 13-29 Dec 13-27 Open to the public 9:00am -Commissioners will recess 12 - 1 for lunch 4 day notice is preferred for posted agenda
- There is Still Time to Apply!!The LEAP (Low-Income Engergy Assistance Program) frun from Nov 1, 2017 through APRIL 30, 2018. You may only apply and be approved ONE time in this period. Contact Ashlynn Miner at Social Services (438-5541) for more information or see if you may qualify.
- Harvest Flea Market will be open May through October, every weekend to the public from 7:30am - 4:30pm. Located at the west end of the Finney County Fairgrounds parking lot in Garden City, KS.
- The Sand Creek Massacre National Historic Site Open Daily from 9 am to 4 pm, 7 days a week. In effect through Nov 30, 2018. The park will be open for all three 2018 summer federal holidays - Memorial Day-May 28, Fourth of July & Labor Day-Sept 3. Sand Creek Massacre National Historic Site offers daily programs on site at 10 am & 2 pm. Programs focus on the people, places, & events of the Sand Creek Massacre. Group tours of the park may be arranged in advance, when staffing permits, by contacting the park at (719) 729-3003. Entrance to the Sand Creek Massacre NHS is free