Congressman Ken Buck has announced that the U.S. Department of Transportation has awarded grants to five airports across the 4thCongressional District as part of its Airport Improvement Program (AIP). The airport grant program funds airport infrastructure projects such as runways, taxiways, airport signage, airport lighting, and airport markings.
"Air travel is essential to our way of life on the eastern plains. But in order for Colorado to support our state's growing travel and tourism economy, we need to conduct critical maintenance at our airports," stated Congressman Buck. The following airports in Colorado's 4thCongressional District will be awarded grant funding from DOT:
- Fort Morgan Municipal Airport will receive a grant of $510,282 for reconstruction efforts.
- Meadow Lake Airport will receive a grant of $538,176 for runway reconstruction.
- Sterling Municipal Airport will receive $290,683 to conduct an airport master plan study.
- Perry Stokes Airport will receive $150,000 to rehabilitate its runway.
- Front Range Airport will receive $1,500,000 to rehabilitate its runway.