By Eads USDA Service Center Staff
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- County Committee Meeting - 2nd Tuesday each month - NO meeting in March
- March 15th - July 15th - CRP Primary Nesting Season - NO Activity permitted on CRP
- March 31st - Last day to request LDP or Marketing Loan for 2016 wheat.
- CRP Continuous Signup - Lesser Prairie Chicken, CRP Grassland and HELI (Highly Erodible Land Initiative) acre available. Producers interested are urged to contact FSA Office.
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
After the horrible wind on Thursday of last week, it was sure nice to receive some moisture. I believe we didn't receive as much as our neighbors to the north of Kiowa County, but hopefully next time we will be the lucky winners.
PRIMARY NESTING SEASON
Remember, no activity on CRP acres during primary nesting season, which is March 15th through July 15th. No contract management or any type of haying or grazing.
Speaking of CRP and contract management. CRP producers need to keep current on their required contract management. CRP operators have received notification of the requirement and hopefully are aware of the time frame that the contract management needs to be complete. We urge all CRP producers to be informed on the requirements for the CRP contract to remain in compliance.
MARCH 31st DEADLINE
This Friday, March 31st is the last day to request an LDP for 2016 wheat. If the wheat was sold earlier and the LDP was not requested - it's not too late. The office will use the rate for the day the wheat was sold, it just depends on the date if there was an effective LDP rate for that day. Producers who have wheat in bins can still request a marketing assistance loan if the producer still has title and control of the wheat. Visit with your local FSA office to determine eligibility.
POSTED COUNTY PRICE AND LDP RATES
The website to check daily LDP rates is as follows:
Kiowa County FSA Committee
- Destiny Haase - LAA 2 - Central area - Committee Chairperson
- Sean Harkness - LAA 1 - East area - Committee Vice-Chairperson
- Michael Zimmerman - LAA3 - West area - Committee Regular Member
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Telephone 719-438-5851 FSA (Ext 2), NRCS (Ext 3). FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO - CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Telephone 719-336-3437 (ext2) Mary Rhoades, firstname.lastname@example.org
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. By appointment only on Friday.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.gov or like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.