By Eads USDA Service Center Staff
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- County Committee Meeting - 2nd Tuesday each month - May 9th- 9:00 a.m.
- May 31st - final loan request date for corn, grain sorghum and sunflowers.
- March 15th - July 15th - CRP Primary Nesting Season - NO Activity permitted on CRP
- CRP Continuous Signup - Lesser Prairie Chicken, CRP Grassland acres are available. Producers interested are urged to contact FSA Office.
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
FARM STORAGE FACILITY LOAN
The office has been fielding a number of questions concerning applying for a Farm Storage Facility Loan (FSFL) to build grain storage. This program, in the past has been and continues to be a beneficial program for producers looking to keep control of their grain.
There are a few things producers need to consider when thinking about applying for a FSFL loan. I urge producers interested to contact your local FSA office.
1- Need for storage -
Producer must show they have a need for storage. A three year average acreage must be calculated for each eligible commodity that requires storage at the proposed location, from the producer's share of up to the 3 most recent report of acreage (FSA-578). A reasonable 1 year acreage and yield projection may be used instead of an average for the following
- Newly acquired farms
- FSFL crops being grown for the first time
- Cases where prevented planting or disasters adversely affect the average production.
2- Ability to repay the loan -
Producers must supply financial information to the Farm Loan Manager who determines the ability to repay. The financial information is private and not reviewed by anyone other than the Farm Loan Manager.
- Balance sheet prepared within the last 90 days.
- Income and expense projections for your operation.
- Year to date actual income and expenses for the current operating year.
- Credit reports are generated for each producer.
3- Application for an FSFL - CCC-185
- A completed application along with a $100 non-refundable loan fee
- Cost estimates and plans including plate map showing planned location of storage facility.
An Environmental Evaluation will have to be completed on the proposed site. These evaluations can take a lengthy amount of time depending on what type of activity will be generated with the loan construction.
The date has passed for producers to request an LDP or a marketing loan for 2016 wheat. However, producers with outstanding marketing loans can purchase a commodity certificate up to the date of maturity if the posted county price is lower than the loan rate.
Producers with warehouse and farm-stored marketing loans are encouraged to track the posted county price. Contact the FSA office for more information.
The website to check daily LDP rates is as follows:
Kiowa County FSA Committee
- Destiny Haase - LAA 2 - Central area - Committee Chairperson
- Sean Harkness - LAA 1 - East area - Committee Vice-Chairperson
- Michael Zimmerman - LAA3 - West area - Committee Regular Member
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Telephone 719-438-5851 FSA (Ext 2), NRCS (Ext 3). FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO - CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Telephone 719-336-3437 (ext2) Mary Rhoades, email@example.com
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. By appointment only on Friday.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.gov or like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.