IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- CRP Contract Management - Contact FSA or NRCS with questions. Producers have been notified of required completion dates.
- County Committee Meeting - Tuesday, September 26th @ 9:00
- October 1st - November 30th - Fiscal Year 2018 First CRP grazing period - Contract Management. FSA and NRCS approval required
- November 12th - Last date to remove hay bales from CRP (FSA prior approval required)
- November 15th - 2018 ACREAGE REPORTING DEADLINE - 2018 fall seeded crops, native grass, triticale and alfalfa crop reporting deadline.
- FARM LOAN Personnel in Kiowa County Service Center - October 10th
- CRP Continuous Signup - Lesser Prairie Chicken, CRP Grassland acres are available. Producers interested are urged to contact FSA Office.
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
Producers who have their wheat drilled or have native grass to certify, come on into the office and complete the report of acreage. November 15th is the final date to report planted crops or native grass for grazing. The maps are printed and the staff is ready to complete the acreage report. Be reminded, Friday's are by appointment only.
CRP CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
October 1st begins the first 60 days grazing period for the new fiscal year. Producers who are interested in grazing CRP for contract management purposes need to be certain to complete paperwork at both FSA and NRCS offices. Unauthorized grazing can result in payment reductions. CRP producers who have another party completing the grazing need to be certain that individual has completed the required paperwork. When violations occur; the CRP producer will be penalized; not the individual with the cattle.
The office still has a number of CRP producers with contracts that have a required contract management due by September 30, 2018 and there has been no communication with the office. Failure to complete a required management practice will be a violation of the contract, such violation can result in termination.
Kiowa County FSA Committee
- Destiny Haase - LAA 2 - Central area - Committee Chairperson
- Sean Harkness - LAA 1 - East area - Committee Vice-Chairperson
- Michael Zimmerman - LAA3 - West area - Committee Regular Member
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Telephone 719-438-5851 FSA (Ext 2), NRCS (Ext 3). FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO - CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Telephone 719-336-3437 (ext2) Mary Rhoades, email@example.com
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, by appointment only.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.gov or like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.