USDA Update - November 11, 2018
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- DECEMBER 11- FARM LOAN Personnel in Eads Service Center County Committee Meeting – TBA
- DECEMBER 1- NAP COVERAGE DEADLINE- NATIVE GRASS
- DECEMBER 31, 2018– DEADLINE to apply for 2018 (LFP) Livestock Forage Program – EXTENDED to JANUARY 15th, 2019
- JANUARY 15, 2019- MFP – Market Facilitation Program– Part D of CCC-910 form signature deadline.
- Continuous CRP Grassland Signup 201 –Offers being accepted - $5.00 per acre rental rate
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
LIVESTOCK FORAGE PROGRAM
Kiowa County Livestock producers who HAVE NOT applied for the 2018 Livestock Forage Program have until January 15, 2019 to apply. Supply the office with acceptable documentation of owned, leased or purchased livestock as of March 22, 2018, which is 60 days prior to the county becoming eligible for LFP. Producers who lease native grass pasture and have not disclosed the lease arrangements to FSA will be required to do so, to add those acres to the 2018 acreage report. The County Committee will make the determination if the producer leasing the acres had control of the acreage and had a risk in the leased acres.
Thursday, November 15this the last date to timely report planted fall crops for 2019 harvested, in Kiowa this is mainly winter wheat and triticale. There are exceptions to the acreage reporting deadline:
- Producer has purchased the acreage or acquired a lease for the acreage after the ARD for the crop, such as perennial forage. The producer has 30 calendar days after purchasing the acreage or acquiring the lease. Appropriate documentation must be date-stamped and provided to the County Office to the County Office’s satisfaction.
- If the crop has not been planted by the acreage reporting date, the producer has 15 days after planting the crop to report to complete an acreage report.
- perennial forage crop is reported with an intended use of “green manure,” “left standing,” or “seed.”
Acreage reports with the November 15 deadline filed that do not meet the above-mentioned scenarios will be charged $46.00 per farm.
CRP CONTRACT SUCCESSOR IN INTEREST
The CRP contract software has been re-opened, and the office will be allowed to approve revisions or succession in interest contracts and issue the 2018 payments to those producers. The CRP software to complete cost shares HAS NOT been re-opened.
MARKET FACILITATION PROGRAM
Producers who have completed fall harvest need to visit their recording county office to complete the 2018 MFP application. Producers must have Part D of the CCC-910 application signed before January 15, 2019. The first payment will be paid on 50% of the producer’s harvested production for the following crops:
- Wheat - .14 bu.
- Corn - .01 bu.
- Grain Sorghum - .86 bu.
A second payment rate, if applicable, will be announced in December and will be issued on the remaining 50% of the harvested production.
Contact the office for more information.
Kiowa County FSA Committee
- Destiny Haase - LAA 2 – Central area – Committee Chairperson
- Sean Harkness – LAA 1 – East area – Committee Vice-Chairperson
- Michael Zimmerman – LAA3 – West area – Committee Regular Member
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Telephone 719-438-5851 FSA (Ext 2), NRCS (Ext 3). FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
E-mail individuals email@example.com (Example firstname.lastname@example.org, dawna. weirich, charla. ferris, hallie.barlow, marvin.watson, marlin.miller
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO – CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Telephone 719-336-3437 (ext2) Mary Rhoades, email@example.com
Nicole Lubbers, firstname.lastname@example.org
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, by appointment only.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.gov or like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.