Published Saturday, October 28, 2017
15 Years Ago
October 25, 2002
- Kiowa County Growers Inc was selected to receive a $243,000 working capital grant to develop & produce a full line of value-added ag-based oil products.
- The National Park Services has acquired 880 acres in the heart of Sand Creek historic site in Kiowa County
25 Years Ago
October 22, 1992
- Sheridan Lake News- Wilma Eitel & Debbie Harris: Our town has really increased this week! We would like to give a BIG welcome to Charnesky's, James & Pam and their 5 children and dog Lady
40 Years Ago
October 28, 1977
- Kiowa County plans a mil levy increase of 1.15 mills, if the county's proposed budget is adopted.
50 Years Ago
October 27, 1967
- Coach Wayne Smith and his Plainview Hawks wrapped up their first High Plains-Arkansas Valley football championship with a 45-25 win over Kit Carson
100 Years Ago
October 19, 1917
- Ed Immer sent in 4 spuds that would make the Greeley potato kings blush with envy. They were grown on dry land 15 miles northeast of Eads, were of uniform size & shape, well matured & smooth & weighed exactly 6 Lbs. 7oz. Ed got 12,000 pounds of these aristocratic tubers from one acre of ground.