Published Thursday, November 29, 2018
15 Years Ago
November 28, 2003
- Bowling: Shalberg Pumping had the most total pins in all divisions and won first place in their division. Members are Lenore Springer, Lamar, Barbara Wilson, Theresa Weber, and Carol Shalberg from Sheridan Lake.
- Wild Horse Roundup-Curtis Schrimp: There was a road report on TV last night, given by Eric Escudero. Didn't show his face just his voice. It's nice that a local person has a job like that.
25 Years Ago
December 1, 1993
- Eagle Vision, a locally owned limited liability company, is launching a wireless cable television service for the lower Arkansas River Valley
40 Years Ago
December 1, 1978
- An eastbound train which was just pulling back onto the main track after letting a westbound train pass, derailed about 4:00 p.m. Sunday.
- The SECPA power lines were snapped hard enough to knock down more than 250 poles when an early winter ice storm moved through the eastern plains.
50 Years Ago
November 29, 1968
- Ad: Now Buying Jack Rabbits & other Furs - Home Oil Eads, CO
- Mr. & Mrs. George Crow and Mr. & Mrs. Oscar Mosher enjoyed sight-seeing over the country Sunday afternoon. They enjoyed dinner at the cafe in Hasty.
75 Years Ago
November 26, 1943
- After the paper was printed last Thursday, considerable excitement occurred in the office as the result of a fire. Some burning papers ignited excelsior in the air conditioner and really smoked things up for a while.
100 Years Ago
November 29, 1918
- There seems to be no definite information as to when the school in Eads will begin, being closed by the flu epidemic.