15 Years Ago
March 5, 2004
- One of Branson, Missouri's, top shows is coming to Tribune, Kansas. The Braschier Show is coming to Western Kansas because one of their group members, Cortlandt Ingram is a Tribune native.
- About Town-Ida and Doris Lessenden: Yesterday there was a little rain and snow in Eads, quite a bit of snow at Kit Carson and no snow at Haswell.
25 Years Ago
March 11, 1994
- LaVerle Kelley, Kiowa County Health Nurse, will giving MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and TD (tetanus diphtheria) booster shots to any child needing the booster and adults requiring vaccinations.
- Towner News-Anne Harkness: Susan Miller and her two young llamas, attended the llama show at Hastings, Nebraska. She took three 2ndand one 3rdplace.
40 Years Ago
March 9, 1979
- Nursing Home News-LaVerne Fischer: We are still practicing games with the anticipation of playing Lamar Nursing Home weather permitting.
- Towner Tales-Marjorie Osborn: Heavy snow and strong wind caused several families from Towner spend the night in Sheridan Lake.
- Kit Carson Roundup-Ruby Lafferty: A lot of people were stranded in Kit Carson due to the storm, about everything was full and the restaurant stayed open during the night to help those who needed it.
50 Years Ago
March 7, 1969
- The annual meeting of the Prairie Queen Telephone Company will be held at the courthouse in Eads. Eastern Slope Rural Telephone Company will be present to discuss possibility of putting in underground line and taking over maintenance of the Prairie Queen system.
- Weekend storm brought needed moisture to the area. Eads 7 inches; Towner 6 inches; Brandon and Haswell around 4 inches.
- Mull Drilling Company of Wichita started cutting a test some 13 miles north of Brandon Field. The test is to be known at the No.1 Golden Ranch