15 Years Ago
April 1, 2005
- The Kiowa County Commissioners are holding a contest for the theme of the 2005 Fair Parade. Only Kiowa County citizen 65 years old and older are eligible to participate.
25 Years Ago
March 31, 1995
- Kiowa County 4-H match their talent against 50 entries in 24 different events at the District 6 4-H Fun Festival. Kiowa County had 14 entries and won nine different event champions.
40 Years Ago
March 28, 1980
- A snowstorm swept through Kiowa County and other parts of southeast Colorado, dumping as much as 10 inches of precipitation in parts of the county.
50 Years Ago
March 27, 1970
- Chuck Bowen, Eads High School senior, won top prize at the Tri-County Science Fair. All eight Eads winners will compete in state competition.
75 Years Ago
March 23, 1945
- Prairie fires have destroyed much property and grass in the county. A big one burned from south of Frank Risser's ranch north to Rush Creek. It started by burning weeds that got out of control. A tractor set one northwest of the Lane farm. Another fire reported at Stuart.
100 Years Ago
March 26, 1920
- Citizens of Eads were called to meet by the mayor for the purpose of organizing a volunteer fire department.
- S.S. Smith of Denver began work on staking out pole locations for Eads electric lighting system.
J.L Eales has completed a modern cream station of Front Street. A new concrete building was erected, equipped with steam apparatus, making everything modern and sanitary.