15 Year Ago
May 20, 2005
- USDA Update -Rod Johnson: Finally, 003/2004 crop disaster payments are being issued!
- The Eads and McClave High School Business Department and Lamar Community College were recently awarded a $70,000 Tech Prep grant.
25 Years Ago
May 19, 1995
- Thunderstorms, high winds, hail and possible tornadoes were felt across Kiowa County Monday through Wednesday.
- Nursing Home News - Nellie Nickert: Starting Monday morning with Polka Aerobics does tend to loosen up those tight muscles.
40 Years Ago
May 16, 1980
- Governor Richard Lam signed House Bill 1030 to purchase water for impoundage in the Great Plains Reservoirs
- Proposed Kiowa County Pest Control District was narrowly defeated.
- Microwave oven workshop was held
50 Years Ago
May 15, 1970
- Kiowa County Sheriff Eugene C. Kelley received recognition as "Senior Sheriff of Colorado." A special badge was presented to him.
- Eads and Lamar music students of Mrs. Delphine J. Segers were presented in a spring recital.
75 Years Ago
May 11, 1945
- Greatest and most welcome news of the past six years came May 7 when it was officially announced that the German army had surrendered.
100 Years Ago
May 7, 1920
- The drill at Nee-No-She well struck salt and last report was over one hundred feet in it.
- P.R. Devereux who purchase the old Ed Low hotel is building a new barber shop on the same lot and otherwise improving the property.
- A public highway is being graded along the south side of the tracks thru the Jackson addition to Maine Street which will help in directing tourists to the boulevard.