15 Year Ago
March 31, 2006
- As the West End Turns- Michelle Wyckoff: Helen and Charlie Mitchell just returned from Argentina where they spent three whole months taking ballroom dancing lessons and perfecting their Tango.
25 Years Ago
March 29, 1996
- Wild Horse Roundup- Curtis Schrimp: Nick Johnson of Wild Horse entered the 1-on-1 hoop shoot in Eads and won the Junior Division, three-point and overall championship.
- East End Events: Over the last week several of the families with kids went somewhere for spring break.
40 Years Ago
March 27, 1981
- Winners of the poster contest sponsored by WIFE were Barbara Beaman and Eric Weisdorfer tied 3rd, Meg Kreutzer 2nd, and David Lathrop 1st.
50 Years Ago
March 26, 1971
- Mike Abrams, 10th grade student from Eads High School and son of Mr. & Mrs. Harry Abrams Jr., displayed the Grand Champion project at the Tri-County Regional Science Fair.
- Installation of an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and Closed-Circuit Television has been completed at Weisbrod Memorial Hospital.
75 Years Ago
March 15, 1946
- Workmen arrived a few days ago and began excavating for a new Missouri Pacific railroad depot in Eads.
March 22, 1946
- The government advertised for bids on a Gramm fire engine at Fort Lyon and the town of Eads was the successful bidder at $502.00
100 Years Ago
March 25, 1921
- The Second Annual County Spelling Contest held with L. B. Jones of Galatea spelling contest winner. Robert Laing of Eads second. Raymond Hicks of Eads was the oratorical contest winner.
- Three new grain elevators are soon to be built in Eads. Mr. Enfield, who has a chain of elevators on the Santa Fe, is the one building them.