15 Year Ago
May 19, 2006
- Wild Horse Roundup- Curtis Schrimp: I saw a bunch of turkeys enjoying the straw the highway construction crew had piled.
- Colorado electric co-ops participated in meeting on Capitol Hill. Renewable energy bonds and more loan to finance electric industry growth were among the topics discussed.
25 Years Ago
May 17, 1996
- Kiowa County Commissioner Cardon Berry presented plans and ideas for the rehabilitation of the Bransgrove Building to the Eads Town Council.
- Kiowa County Commissioner Dutch Eikenberg attended a Colorado Department of Transportation meeting and was told $21.5 million has been budgeted to improve portions of Highway 287 running through Kiowa County.
- East End Events- Plainview Grade 6: After this week we will no longer be the Plainview 6th grade class. Because hopefully we will all get to 7th grade.
40 Years Ago
May 15, 1981
- Brandon finally has water, water you can drink that is. After many, many delays and lots of red tape, things finally fell into to place. A well was drilled, casting set, the pipeline and meters installed.
- Inclement weather coupled with earlier wind and hail inflicted considerable damage to area crops.
50 Years Ago
May 14, 1971
New postal rates will take effect May 16. First class will raise from 6 cents to 8 cents an ounce.