There is less than one week left until the June 28, 2022, Primary Election. Have you returned your ballot to the Kiowa County Clerk's Office? We appreciate receiving voted ballots early so our election judges can start processing. The earlier the ballots are returned, the earlier election night results can be released.
Drop your ballot off at the Kiowa County Clerk and Recorder's Office in the Kiowa County Courthouse at 1305 Goff Street in Eads. A ballot drop box is also located on the west side of the courthouse.
REMEMBER: Postmarks do not count. Your ballot must be in the possession of the Kiowa County Clerk and Recorder's Office by 7:00 p.m. June 28, 2022.
It is too late to mail your ballot - do not mail after June 20, 2022.
Check your mail-in ballot status online: If you would like to verify that your ballot was received by the clerk's office, log onto www.govotecolorado.gov or contact the clerk's office at 719-438-5421.
ELECTION RESULTS: Unofficial election results will be posted election night, June 28, 2022, after 7:00 p.m. when ballot processing is complete. Results will be on the county website at https://kiowacounty.colorado.gov under the Clerk and Recorder's Office.
Results will also be posted at the three entrances of the courthouse.
Saturday June 25, 2022: Kiowa County Clerk and Recorder's Office will be open 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for return of mail-in ballots, issue replacement ballots; register to vote; update address; update name; cast a ballot or vote a provisional ballot.
Tuesday June 28, 2022 - Election Day: Kiowa County Clerk and Recorder's Office will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.at 1305 Goff Street in Eads.
DROP YOUR BALLOT in the 24/7 drop box located on the west side of the Courthouse. The drop box is under 24/7 surveillance.
TIPS FOR BALLOTS:
- Use a Blue or Black pen that will NOT bleed through the paper to vote the ballot.
- To vote for a candidate whose name appears on the ballot, completely fill in the oval to the left of your choice.
- If you do not want to vote the entire ballot, simply mark your selections, and leave the rest blank.
- After marking your ballot, place the ballot inside the secrecy sleeve that came with your ballot.
- Place the ballot and the secrecy sleeve in your return envelope addressed to the Kiowa County Clerk and Recorder Office.
- Before sealing the envelope, sign the signature affidavit located on the back of the envelope. This is required for your ballot to be processed. The staff must compare every signature to make sure that the intended voter was the one who signed the envelope.
All election offenses will be turned over to the District Attorney for investigation and prosecution.
If you have any questions regarding ballots/ballot issues, call the Clerk and Recorder's Office at 719-438-5421.
Remember to Vote!