IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- CRP Contract Management - Contact FSA or NRCS with questions. Producers have been notified of required completion dates.
- County Committee Meeting - Thursday, February 1st
- February 19th - SERVICE CENTER CLOSED - PRESIDENT'S DAY HOLIDAY
- NOW!! - File form CCC-633 EZ page 1 with FSA before losing beneficial interest to maintain Loan Deficiency Payment (LDP) eligibility. (To request payments, producers need to submit page 2 of the CCC-633EZ)
- FARM LOAN Personnel in Kiowa County Service Center - Wednesday, February 7th
- CRP Continuous Signup - CRP Grassland OFFERS ONLY. Producers interested are urged to contact FSA Office.
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
The area did receive some much-needed moisture last Sunday. I, as I know many of you, hope that there is more on the way; as conditions have been deteriorating, hopefully the moisture did help the winter wheat as there are areas showing stress.
Last week the FSA office mailed the last and final reminder to CRP producers who have not completed the required (CM) Contract Management. The contracts mentioned are in the sixth year of the 10-year contract and September 30, 2018 is the deadline for the management activity to be completed on all the contract acreage.
At this point, the only activity that would encompass the 100% acreage requirement for treatment would be harrowing or managed grazing. The primary nesting season is also upon us which is March 15th through July 15th. Producers are reminded NO activity can be completed during that time frame.
Producers are encouraged to contact the FSA or NRCS office with any questions concerning CRP contract management. Again, I reiterate, the CM is required and producers who fail to complete the requirement could face penalties or possible termination of the contract.
FSA guaranteed loans allow lenders to provide agricultural credit to farmers who do not meet the lender's normal underwriting criteria. Farmers and ranchers apply for a guaranteed loan through a lender, and the lender arranges for the guarantee. FSA can guarantee up to 95 percent of the loss of principal and interest on a loan. Guaranteed loans can be used for both farm ownership and operating purposes.
Guaranteed farm ownership loans can be used to purchase farmland, construct or repair buildings, develop farmland to promote soil and water conservation or to refinance debt.
Guaranteed operating loans can be used to purchase livestock, farm equipment, feed, seed, fuel, farm chemicals, insurance and other operating expenses.
FSA can guarantee farm ownership and operating loans up to $1,399,000. Repayment terms vary depending on the type of loan, collateral and the producer's ability to repay the loan. Operating loans are normally repaid within seven years and farm ownership loans are not to exceed 40 years.
Please contact your lender or local FSA farm loan office for more information on guaranteed loans.
Kiowa County FSA Committee
- Destiny Haase - LAA 2 - Central area - Committee Chairperson
- Sean Harkness - LAA 1 - East area - Committee Vice-Chairperson
- Michael Zimmerman - LAA3 - West area - Committee Regular Member
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Telephone 719-438-5851 FSA (Ext 2), NRCS (Ext 3). FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO - CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Telephone 719-336-3437 (ext2) Mary Rhoades, email@example.com
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, by appointment only.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.gov or like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.