Articles from the Kiowa County Press in Eads, Colorado, for the week ending September 21, 2019.
Damon H. Berry
May 24, 1945 - September 19, 2019
Damon H. Berry of Florence, Texas, passed away just after midnight September 19, 2019, in San Antonio, Texas. He was 74 years old.
Funeral services will be held Tuesday, September 24, 2019, at 9:00 a.m. at the Chapel of Ramsey Funeral Home in Georgetown, Texas.
Damon will be laid to rest at 11:00 a.m. in Killeen, Texas, at Central Texas State Veteran Cemetery, with military honors rendered by the United States Army.
November 23, 1929 - September 12, 2019
Loved by family and friends, Ruthanna Jacobs died peacefully and comfortably under the compassionate care of Kiowa County Hospital District Extended Care Unit in Eads September 12, 2019.
Photo of the week from the September 20, 2019, edition of the Kiowa County Press in Eads, Colorado - A thank you from the Kiowa County Fair Board.
Friday, Sept. 20
- Golf at Rye
- 8:30 a.m. HS KB at Flagler lv 6:50 a.m.
- 4:00 p.m. MS FB at Kit Carson
- 3:00 p.m. MS VB at Kit Carson
- 5:00 p.m.HS VB at Kit Carson
- 7:00 p.m.HS FB at Kit Carson
- MS Leave Time 1:45 HS Leave Time 3:45
Saturday, Sept. 21
- HS VB High Plains Trny 3 Games Leave Time 7:15 a.m.
- 9:00 a.m. vs. Flagler 10:00 ish vs. Creede
Monday, Sept. 23
The Kiowa County Hospital District and County Board met in regular session on July 23, 2019 at 6:31 p.m. at the Bransgrove Building Meeting Room.
District Board members present were: Mary Eikner, Cathryn Anderson, Dennis Pearson, Sylvia Shields and Priscilla Waggoner.
County Board members present were: Kevin Davis and Whitney Barnett. Absent: Craig Kerfoot (called), John Negley (called) and Ken Flory (called).
Others present: Shannon Dixon, Char Korrell and Beth Spady.
- September 23: Waffles, apple juice, milk, fruit
- September 24: Ham, English muffin, grape juice, milk, fruit
- September 25: Pancakes, sausage links, orange juice, milk, fruit
- September 26: Breakfast casserole, apple juice, milk, fruit
- September 23: Sloppy joes, carrots, orange, milk, fruit, salad bar
- September 24: Corn dogs, baked beans, strawberries, milk, salad bar
- September 25: Potato bar, broccoli and cheese, apple sauce, milk, salad bar
The Regular Meeting of the Town of Eads Board of Trustees was called to order by Mayor Shields, Monday August 13, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. in the Town Hall. Town Clerk, Robin Fox, took roll call:
Mayor - Joe D. Shields- present
Trustees - Present -Meghan Buck, Terry Riley, Dennis Pearson, and Lisa Trigilio
Absent - Kathy McCrackenand Justin McLoud
Town Clerk- Robin Fox -Present
Assistant Clerk- Shealynn McCracken-Present
November 23, 1929-September 12, 2019
Memorial services for Ruthanna Jacobs will be held at 2:00 p.m. Saturday, September 21, 2019, at the United Methodist Church in Eads.
She was born November 23, 1929, in Kiowa County, and passed away September 12, 2019, at Weisbrod Extended Care Unit in Eads.
Ruthanna is survived by one sister, Hazel Krueger, and many nieces and nephews.