Published Saturday, April 29, 2017
15 Years Ago
April 26, 2002
- Wild Horse Roundup-Curtis Schrimp- We have a very interesting 730 John Deer tractor. It seems like a lot of others would like having it too. We have had people from Pennsylvania, Kansas, Missouri and other places would like to buy it.
- The Kiowa County Economic Development Foundation in cooperation with the Eads Chamber of Commerce is organizing a summertime market place
25 Years Ago
April 23, 1992
- The RE-1 School District overwhelming voted to retain four board members in special recall election.
- Along with the celebration of Arbor Day comes the announcement that the Town of Eads will soon be starting its recycling program
- A Ross Perot for President committee has been organized for Bent & Prowers counties.
- Pictures showing several from the Weisbrod Hospital and Nursing Home posing with Mr. Easter Bunny
40 Years Ago
April 29, 1977
- A picture of Floyd Griswould and son Greg showing off their eight pound 34 inch Northern Pike Floyd landed at Nee Nosha Reservior.
50 Years Ago
April 28, 1967
- Betty Remmick and Mary Ann White National Woman's Doubles Bowling Champions, will be in Eads to highlight activities of the re-opening of the Eads Lanes.
- Ken Maggart home run in the 8th powered 15-12 Plainview non league win over McClave
- Vaughn Marcum pitched one hit ball for Eads but had to go 11 innings before subduing Karval 11-3