15 Years Ago
May 28, 2004
- Colorado Governor Bill Owens made a luncheon stop in Eads to speak briefly on the drought, agriculture, fuel prices, the budget and constitutional issues facing the state.
- Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory will hold a workshop at J&L Farms on birds, habitat and range management.
25 Years Ago
June 3, 1994
- The Eastern Colorado Historical Society annual "Remember Yesterday" will be at the Courthouse Square in Cheyenne Wells marking the 100thyear anniversary of the Old Cheyenne County Jail Building.
- Used Blues of Denver will be in Eads to buy your used Levi 501's paying up to $9 a pair.
40 Years Ago
June 1, 1979
- Amber Liebl, 5-year-old daughter of Mr.& Mrs. Jack Liebl of Haswell, was bitten on the big toe by a rattlesnake. She was rushed to Weisbrod Memorial Hospital and treated with an anti-venom serum. Addition serum was relayed by the Colorado State Patrol from Pueblo to Weisbrod.
- Graduation ceremonies in the county had eight seniors and nine eighth graders from Plainview awarded diplomas. There were 36 seniors and 19 eighth graders in Eads earning diplomas.
50 Years Ago
May 30, 1969
- Arlington Day was observed at the Boys Ranch at La Junta, commemorating the second anniversary of presentation of the Arlington, Colorado, church to the Ranch.
- Local collectors will be interested to know is the Barb Wire Show to be held in Eads.
75 Years Ago
May 19, 1944
- The Board of Trustees of the Town of Eads has been studying the proposed sale of the light, power and water systems, now owned by Highland Utilities Company, to R.E.A.
100 Years Ago
May 23, 1919
- Members of the Kansas-Colorado Boulevard Association will hold their annual meeting at Ordway. Eads and Kiowa County have interest in the road and a large delegation should plan to attend.