15 Year Ago
November 4, 2005
- USDA Update- Rod Johnson: Reports from the grain sorghum harvest are generally positive. The test weight is near normal for the first time in several years.
25 Years Ago
November 3, 1995
- FSA Update- Rod Johnson: Milo harvest was disappointing. Test weights in the 30-pound range. Yield average about 40% below normal county wide.
40 Years Ago
October 31, 1980
- With donations coming in from many people and businesses for the Eads Tennis Court Project, it looks like perhaps that someday the dream of a tennis court will come true.
- Operation Game Thief offers substantial rewards to citizens who turn in poachers. The minimum reward offered in big game cases is $250.
50 Years Ago
October 30, 1970
- Plans were formulated at the regular Eads Chamber of Commerce meeting to secure the services of a promotion and advertising firm to make a county survey of physical assets and liabilities for presentation to industrial firms which may be interested in re-locating or expanding in a rural area.