15 Years Ago
December 22, 2006
- Jacob Buck and Kevin Lindholm, both of Eads, and Stetson Mitchell and Andrew Maxcy of Kit Carson, were chosen to the First Team Class A 6-Man All State Football Team. Damon Dechant of Kit Carson was named to Second Team. Tyler McCracken and Trice Watts of Eads, Antonio Arroyo, Curt Connelly, and Josh Hammer of Kit Carson received Honorable Mention.
- Dear Santa, How Are your Elves? How are you and Mrs. Claus? Can I have a motorcycle and a piano? We will be good. Love Micah Crawford.
- Dear Santa, How are the Elves, Mrs. Claus and Reindeer? I hope they are good. Can I have a John Elway card and pet snake please? I will give you cookies and milk. Love Chance Fowler.
- Dear Santa, How are Mrs. Claus and the Elves? I like to play with frogs. Can you give me a horse and a dog? Love Carlos Magana
- Dear Santa, I want to know about your reindeer and how are you doing? Is Mrs. Claus okay? I want an iPod with any kind of music and a toy T-Rex Your Friend, Trevor Randel
25 Years Ago
December 20, 1996
- Eads Town Clerk Dora B. Pearcey swears in her replacement Dawna Peck. Pearcey has retired after faithfully serving the town for 17 years.
- Jimmy Bendorf was named Assessor of the Year by his peers across the state of Colorado at their Annual Winter Conference.
- WHO Manufacturing, a farm equipment maker, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization.
- Dear Santa, How are you and all the others? I hope ya'll are doing fine. Here is my Christmas list. I would like a remote-control car and moola (money). That's all folks! Love Kenan Gooden.
- Dear Santa, For Christmas I want a Goosebumps Creation, a shaving set, and a rifle. Love Brandon Bohrer
40 Years Ago
December 18, 1981
- Santa to arrive in Eads after the free movie to pass out treats to everyone.
- Dear Santa, Please give my brother and me a General Lee race set. I am 6 and Eric is 3. We will try to come to the North Pole to see you. Love Jason Bowmaster
- Dear Santa, All I want for Christmas is a kitten. Love Stephanie McMichael
- Dear Santa, I want a cat and I will give you're a puppy. Also I would like a doll to put make-up on, a doll to put in water and dye hair, a Pretty Cut & Grow and a play Santa Claus. Some cookies and milk will be on the fireplace. Thank you. Love Rachel Zimmerman
50 Years Ago
December 17, 1971
- The Eads Eagles Basketball team is now rated number one in the State Class A.
- Eads new First Christian Church, although in use, will be formally dedicated January 16. Construction on the $83,000 was begun last July.
- The old Kit Carson School burned to the ground. Although only used recently for storage, the building was built about 1914. It is believed started by wrestling mats that had been stored over the furnace