15 Year Ago
November 17, 2006
- USDA Update- Rod Johnson: Kiowa County experienced very strong and gusty winds. Tumbleweeds were leaving the field and piling up in fences and around buildings.
- For the first time in 6-man history, the championship game will be held in Eads.
25 Years Ago
November 15, 1996
- Ethel Richards, Lil Penn, Debbie Immer, Sandi Jones, Phyllis McDaniel, and student Allison Davis, all from Kiowa County won awards at the Autumn Art Shown in Lamar.
- Wild Horse Roundup- Curtis Schrimp: There was an article in the Rocky Mountain News about Wild Horse, and in the article mention some nice things about Lee and I.
- Nursing Home News- Nellie Nickert: The thing we hope will never happen did at 3:30 in the morning the fire alarm sounded. After an hour and half of excitement, no one felt like returning to bed.
November 13, 1981
- Plans are well underway for the Community Christmas Cantata.
- Kiowa County RE-2 has scheduled a special election to determine if an authorization to increase the revenue base per pupil of attendance entitlement should be granted.
November 12, 1971
- Members of the Eads Chamber of Commerce and two Kiowa County Commissioners heard a plan to seek information on acquiring surplus firefighting equipment for at least three base locations throughout the county.