IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Farm Loan personnel in Eads Office - 2ndTuesday every month
- COC Meeting - September 25 - 9:00 a.m.
- CRP Routine Haying & Grazing - 2ndSeason begins July 16
- Marketing Assistance Loans Available - 2.80 loan rate - wheat
- 2019 MFP - Call and schedule your appointment!
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
2019 MFP AGI EXPECTION
For the 2018 and 2019 Marketing Facilitation Program USDA- FSA has made an exception for producers who exceedthe $900k Adjusted Gross Income limitation. If the producer and their accountant can certify on form CCC-942 for each year to the following income certification:
- At least 75% of the individual's or legal entity's average adjusted gross income for the 3 taxable years preceding the most immediately preceding complete taxable year was derived from farming, ranching or forestry operations. For example, if the program year is 2019, the calculation will be the taxable years of 2017, 2016 and 2015.
- A certification from a licensed CPA or an attorney is submitted to the FSA/USDA Service Center identified in item 2, attesting that at least 75% of the individual's or legal entity's average AGI for the 3 taxable years preceding the most immediately preceding complete taxable year was derived from farming, ranching, or forestry operations The CPA or Attorney may meet this requirement by completing Part B below or providing a similar statement that is acceptable to FSA.
Producers with AGI limitations are required to complete both the CCC-941 and CCC-942 forms in their recording county FSA office.
MFP MISSING ACRE PROBLEMS
FSA Offices remain a holding pattern concerning MFP applications for reported failed acres and planted sorghum forage (feed) acres. It was the hope the fix would be received the week of August 19th; however, it has been pushed to the end of August. Producers that either or both of those categories have been put on a list and the office will contact them when the software fix is available.
Software to issue MFP payments for approved applications arrived this week. This office is planning on issuing payments beginning next week.
MFP FIRST PAYMENT AMOUNT
Producers will be receiving the first payment of $15.00 per acre, due to Kiowa county's acre rate is less than $30.00. The MFP payments have the potential to be issued in three separate rounds; however, the second and third rounds are NOT guaranteed to be issued. Those rounds will only be issued 'if warranted' at the discrimination of Commodity Credit Corporation (CCC).