Published Saturday, September 24, 2016
15 Years Ago
September 28, 2001
- Junior Golfers, Miles Philpy and Ryan Trosper were thrilled when they won berths in the Colorado State Gold tournament next week.
- Wild Horse Roundup Curtis Schrimp: Gary McNeely showed me some pictures o the saddle that he won roping. It is a beauty, and something to be proud of.
25 Years Ago
September 26, 1991
- A Community Education seminar will be held Thurs. Oct. 3 at 7 p.m. at Plainview School. Community Education is not a new concept, but it ca present a new hope and a brighter future for public education.
- Two long-time readers renewed their Press subscription this week. Julia Brenton 92 years old walked in under her own power and presented her check. Delores Specht of Sheridan Lake , a reader of the Press since 1926 also decided to renewed.
- Beginning with the 1991 season All hunter are required to use steel shot for hunting migratory water fowl.
- Winona Barnes of Towner will receive the District 7 1991 Master Farm Homemaker Award at an Oct 2, 1991dinner in Greeley.
40 Years Ago
September 24, 1976
- A hearing will be held Tuesday to determine if a dog which is alleged to have injured one child and killed as many as five smaller dogs, should be bannedfrom the streets of Eads or destroyed.
- The Weisbrod Memorial County Hospital Board increased room rates to $69 per day during its regular meeting last Thursday.
- Undersheriff Bob Howerton and District Attorney Sheldon Emeson examine part of what is believe to be the spoils of a series of thefts in the county.
50 Years Ago
September 23, 1966
- Town Engineer, R.H. Musselman and his crew have resumed paving operation of about 5 blocks of Hickman Street. Another nice improvement for the community.
- Brandon News: Received .91 of inch of rain in our two recent rains, the first we have had since August 21.
75 Years Ago
September 19, 1941
- Mr. & Mrs. S.U. Starrett of Eads quietly observed their Golden Wedding on Wednesday Sept 17, 1941 at their home here. Frequent calls by friends and a serenade in the afternoon by the high school band were features of the day.
100 Years Ago
September 29, 1916
- The Kiowa County exhibit made a very creditable showing at Pueblo last week. Aside from individual premiums won, Kiowa County walked away with second money, $40, on the general exhibit, every county in Colorado competing.