15 Year Ago
May 12, 2006
- Galen Gilbert chairman and CEO of Valley State Bank announced the proposed acquisition of Valley State Investments Inc and Valley State Bank by GN Bankshares Inc.
- The 2A Regional Baseball Tournament was played in heavy fog, intermittent showers, and even a game-delayed thunderstorm.
25 Years Ago
May 10, 1996
- Rod Johnson reported to the Eads Chamber the Walleye Trail Tournament has been moved from Nee Gronde Reservoir in Kiowa County to John Martin Reservoir. Decision made by tournament officials after a number of vehicles and trailers were damaged while unloading and loading boats.
40 Years Ago
May 8, 1981
- From the Sheriff Desk- Floyd Griswould: We were called to the Roy Robertson ranch to investigate an Oklahoma car that was wondering around in that part of the county. When the man was contacted, he was on a trail road headed north. He had been drinking and got lost. He was in route to Alaska and was advised he could make better time staying on oiled highways.
50 Years Ago
May 7, 1971
- Motor Leasing Inc. of Colorado Springs has made arrangements to work with First National Bank in Eads to make it possible to buy or lease through the firm.
- Open for the season: Tastee Treat Drive-In. Free ice cream cones 2-4 at the self-service window only.
Robert "Bob" Schafer Report: The marijuana liberalization advocates finally got a concession in the present law when they got thru an "attached" marijuana bill to another bill.