Published Friday, December 30, 2016
15 Years Ago
December 21, 2001
- Dear Santa letters appeared in the newspaper from Mrs. Gooden second grade class
25 Years Ago
December 26, 1991
- Valley State Bank held Open House for Betty Frazee who retired after 24 years of dedicated service to the bank.
- Several from the Kit Carson and Wild Horse area attended the Wild Horse Club Christmas party
- The Eads Chamber of Commerce Christmas festivities was held at the fairgrounds community building.
- Congressman Wayne Allard questions some of the Post Office Spending. It seems the Post Office should re-examine its budget priorities.
40 Years Ago
December 31, 1976
- A freight train derails Christmas near the Old Walkinghood elevator about 6 miles west of the Kansas state line.
- Plainview's Monte Thomas and Eads Gary Knoblock are selected to all-state football team.
- Raymond E. McFarlane 1951 graduate of Towner High School promoted to Colonel.
- State government agriculture leaders from 11 Midwest and Plains states agreed at a emergency meeting, American agriculture is in "dire straits."
50 Years Ago
December 30, 1966
- Gary Shotten will be showing and selling his "Catch-It-Calf" at the National Western Stock Show in Denver.
- Mary Crockett retires from the Eads Post Office after more than 30 years of government employment.
75 Years Ago
December 26, 1941
- Eastern Colorado experience a sever blizzard. In a few hours there was enough snow to make huge drifts blocking most east west roads in the country and fill the fence rows high with snow.
100 Years Ago
December 29, 1916
- The Christmas entertainment drew a large audience. Everyone expressed being pleased with entertainment. The Eads or the Prajer's orchestra did its part in making the program a success.