15 Years Ago
January 18, 2002
- Plainview School offers free admission to our home ballgames for area senior citizens
- Eads School K-12 Library chosen for 3rd year in a row, the prestigious Power Libraries Project, a program sponsored by the Central Colorado Library System
25 Years Ago
January 16, 1992
- A task force from Haswell argued their case for keeping the Haswell School open
- Deidre Davis won the 8 & 9 year old hoop shoot at Lamar. She made 18 of 25 attempts and advances to the next level of competition.
40 Years Ago
January 21, 1977
- Some Kiowa County grain growers will be left holding the bag in the aftermath of the mysterious disappearance of the owner of 3 Geronimo Elevators in Kiowa County.
- Keith Wissel asked Kiowa County resident to join a letter-writing campaign in hopes proving to the Division of Wildlife the county favors storage of state-owned water in Queens reservoir.
- Johnny Jacobs won 1 first place and several other placing at the Colorado Pure Seed Show.
- Help may be on the way for drought-stricken famers and ranchers in Kiowa County. Gov. Dick Lamm asked 16 counties be declared eligible for federal disaster assistance.
- For Sale in Kiowa County, 1260 Acres. $70 per acre. Cash
50 Years Ago
January 20, 1967
- Three Eads High School students, Juanita Frazee, Shirley Rose and Cheryl Simmons chosen to attend the "Top of the Nation Honor Band".
75 Years Ago
January 16, 1942
- Received from Towner correspondent, the Snell No.1 oil test well reached a depth of 6000 ft.
100 Years Ago
January 19, 1917
- County attorney James C. Lang went to Denver to interview the State Highway Commission regarding a north and south highway. The commission decides to declare the present county road running south from Kit Carson to the Santa Fe Trail a state highway.