15 Years Ago
December 14, 2001
- USDA Update Rod Johnson: Farm Bill debate continues. It is still a tossup just when we will see a new bill.
25 Years Ago
December 12, 1991
- Letter To the Editor: Last week was one of the most exciting and frustrating weeks I've experienced in over 25 years as school superintendent. First rumor had it making over $100,000 a year. I thought maybe the school board felt the job I was doing was so great they were giving me a raise and hadn't told me. Then I heard I was making $65,000. My dilemma - maybe I wasn't so great and lost $35,000. Oh well next week will be something new! I don't know what, but excitement, frustrations and even challenges- they all seem to pay the same.
40 Years Ago
December 10, 1976
- Citizens urged to try doctors now in Eads
- Potpourri: It is a sad commentary on our times that the word "honesty" has been replaced by "old fashioned"
- Mrs. Margaret Brown of Chivington chosen 1976 Kiowa County Farm- Ranch Woman of the Year
50 Years Ago
December 9, 1966
- Result of hearing in Eads, the Colorado Public Utilities Commission, has granted permission for the Missouri Pacific Railroad to close its station and agency in Haswell during the "off season".
- National Western Stock Show reserve seats only $2.50 evening. Sat & Sun Matinees $2 and Week Day Matinees $1.25. General Admission 75C/ Children under 12 - 50C/