Published Saturday, April 1, 2017
15 Years Ago
March 29, 2002
- Lance Jagers nominated to compete in the National FFA Agri-science Teacher of the Year
- Several complaints received by Eads Town Clerk office concerning stray cats and cats running at large.
- Long time Kiowa county businessman and philanthropist George Crow was recognized for his lifetime of contributions to the community
- Wild Horse Roundup-Curtis Schrimp: Billie Lafferty was doing yard work and watering trees. She was also putting colored streamers on some young trees to discourage the deer, and it works.
25 Years Ago
March 26, 1992
- Carolyn Howard has been awarded '92Pontiac Grand Am for her work in the Mary Kay cosmetic organization
- Early fishing good on Nee Noshe. Picture shows Mike Mcloud and Dick Ramsay with a large string of wipers, white bass and crappie.
- David Lafferty is settled in on Okinawa now and has seen a lot of water, in fact surrounded by it.. For someone raised in the Wild Horse/Kit Carson area would take some getting use to.
40 Years Ago
April 1, 1977
- Deborah Oswald has been selected as a finalist in the 1977 Colorado National Teen-Ager Pageant.
- Pay raises for the county officials across the state, including $32750 for seven in Kiowa County was apparently killed Monday but revived by a parliamentary maneuver Tuesday
- Fund raising drive for the Kiowa Albright Memorial Center in Sheridan Lake is underway. The group says project income is $9000 less than expenditures.
- Plainview School searching for a new emergency power generator. The standby electric generator "burned up" while furnishing emergency electric power to the school during the power outage last week.
50 Years Ago
March 31, 1967
- Since the formation of the Kiowa County Soil Conservation District several months ago, local soil conservation crews have been busy compiling data of the area. Since January the survey crew has mapped approximately 75,000 acres for the soil conservation.