Published Saturday, August 26, 2017
15 Years Ago
August 22, 2002
- Wild Horse Roundup-Curtis Shrimp: I read the 50 year ago news item Eastern Colorado Baseball leagues about Eads beating Wild Horse 24 to 7.
- Kiowa County Fair Queen Darcy Weeks represented our county at the Cheyenne Frontier Days in late July.
25 Years Ago
August 20, 1992
- A severe thunderstorm spawned several tornadoes in central Kiowa County.
- The Weisbrod Hospital Board hired a new administrator. Gerry L Tipsword lives in Ingleside Texas and will be in Eads August 24.
- Kit Carson News- Ruby Lafferty: Baxter Black-well known cowboy poet & storyteller and friend Steve from the Rocky Mountain News stopped at the Trading Post Restaurant.
40 Years Ago
August 26, 1977
- Monica Richardson was chosen 1977 Kiowa County Fair and Rodeo Queen. Shelly Kay Mayo was selection Junior Princess.
- Some 300 out-of-town visitors will be arriving in Eads for the Colorado State Sheriff's Posse Convention and Gymkhana.
- Kiowa County and Eads will receive more money from the Highway User Tax Funds this year & next, but the towns of Sheridan Lake and Haswell will receive slightly less.
- Leo D. King, a native of Eads, has assumed the position of public relations directory and journalism instructor at Lamar Community College.
50 Years Ago
August 25, 1967
- Several attended the auction sale of McNeill ranch south of Haswell. The ranch included more than 8000 acres sold for $31.50 an acre.
- Bob Weber of Sheridan Lake played in the North-South All Star Football game.