- The lapse of federal appropriations and the subsequent partial shutdown of government agencies has forced the closure of the Sand Creek Massacre National Historic Site in Kiowa County for the safety of visitors and park resources
- FSA Office employees are officially furloughed beginning Monday, December 31st due to lapse in Federal government funding and will remain so until the funding has been restored. Employees will not have access to email or voicemail during this time.
Friday, Jan. 11
- 4:00 p.m. HS BB at Idalia lv 1:15 p.m. 4 Games
Saturday, Jan. 12
- 10:00 a.m. W at Lamar lv 7:00 a.m.
Monday, Jan. 14
- 3:00 p.m. MS League BB Trny at C.W.
- Lunch: Corn Dogs
Tuesday, Jan. 15
- MS League Championship Games Only at McClave
- Lunch: Italian Beef Steaks w/ Pasta Salad
Wednesday, Jan. 16
Irene Rosella Harms
February 13, 1933 - January 7, 2019
Mrs. Harms passed away peacefully in Boulder.
Funeral services will be held Friday, January 11, 2019, at the Grant Evangelical Free Church in Grant, Nebraska, at 12:00 p.m.
Burial will follow at the Madrid Cemetery in Madrid, Nebraska.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Grant Evangelical Free Church, Box 772; Grant, NE 69140.
Photo from Tuesday's oath of office ceremony for newly-elected and re-elected officials in Kiowa County, Colorado.
Bids are being accepted for tenant finishes for National Park Service facilities in Eads, Colorado.
John A. Stavely
August 2, 1922 - January 1, 2019
John A. Stavely was born August 2, 1922, in Camp Springs, Texas, to Bryant O'Neal and Mary Ellen (Davidson) Stavely. He was the second of four children.