Our communities would like to offer their condolences to the family of Mike Benge who passed away last week. Mike ran the filling station and parts store for several years in Sheridan Lake before moving to Lamar. He always had a smile and enjoyed visiting when he ran into friends. He will be missed by his many friends.
We also offer our condolences to the Braden Lane family on the loss of their loved one this past week.
George H. Tempel
December 30, 1934 - August 18, 2018
A celebration of life for lifetime Wiley resident George H. Tempel will be held at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, August 25, 2018, at the Wiley United Methodist Church with Reverend Travis Walker officiating. Interment will follow in the Wiley Cemetery.
Visitation for George will be held from 3:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. Friday, August 24, 2018, at the Peacock Family Chapel.
December 15, 1932 - July 20, 2018
All are invited to attend a graveside memorial service Sunday, September 2, 2018, at 2:00 PM at the Kit Carson Cemetery to celebrate the life of Yvonne Schallenberger.
After the brief service, all are invited back to the Kit Carson United Methodist Church at 3:00 p.m. for some light refreshments and conversation with family and friends.
"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8
Isn't that a beautiful verse? It was printed on the wedding invitation of Teri Nelson and John Ellis, who served a meal at their wedding at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, and then at 7:30 p.m. the guests witnessed their marriage ceremony. That was followed by Teri's father, Darwin, playing his popular deejay music for dancing and visiting. Best wishes to the young couple who live and work in Eads.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- COUNTY APPROVED FOR CRP EMERGENCY HAYING AND GRAZING
- CRP EMERGENCY HAYING DEADLING-AUGUST 31st
- Apply for Livestock Forage Program - Call office for appointment.
- NAP COVERAGE DEADLINE_ September 4th- triticale and canola - December 1st, native grass
- FARM LOAN Personnel in Kiowa County Service Center - Tuesday, September 11th
15 Years Ago
August 15, 2003
- Wild Horse Roundup-Curtis Schrimp: "I went out to get in our van to go to Hugo. I looked west & a fire was just starting on the edge of the highway, and in seconds it was a big blaze."
25 Years Ago
August 18, 1993
- A severe thunderstorm moved across north central Kiowa County August 13. Three horses belonging to Larry Meeks of Chivington were struck and killed by lightning.
40 Years Ago