Colorado students are among those graduating from Fort Hays State University in Kansas.
- Eads Golf Club Saturday Aug. 3 -Sunday Aug. 4-----2 Man Scramble both days-10:00 A.M. Shotgun-Supper and Calcutta/Saturday night
- 4-H Exabit Day August 5. Exhibits open to the public at 5:30 pm. Fashion Review 6:00 pm. Award Program and Food Auction following.
- August 10 is the Demolition Derby starts at 6pm with $10,000 added money
- Eads Drivers License DD-214 or Active Military ID must be presented at time of renewal for Military Insignia to be placed on you license
- Eads Drivers License August 6-7-13-14-20-21-27-28
Playing this week at Lamar Theatre in Lamar, Colorado.
William "Bill" Allen Fagan
April 2, 1944 - July 26, 2019
There will be no services for longtime Lamar resident William A. Fagan, affectionately known to his family and friends as Bill, per his request.
Bill was born April 2, 1944 at Bristol, Colorado, to William and Cora (Turpin) Fagan and passed away July 26, 2019, at his home in Lamar with his family by his side at the age of 75.
One of the Weisbrod Hospital Auxiliary Nursing Home projects these past two years was to hang a different quilt each month for the enjoyment of the residents, staff and visitors. These quilts were made by various, very talented ladies and groups from different communities and elsewhere.
For the month of June, the Auxiliary wanted to honor the fathers and grandfathers for Father's Day.
Did you father ever wear a tie to work, church, dances, or on an evening out with his best "gal" - your Mother?
Monday, August 5
- HS Golf Practice Officially Begins
Wednesday, August 7
- Teachers and Staff 1stWorkday
Thursday, August 8
- Teacher and Staff 2ndWorkday
Friday, August 9
- HS Golf at Fowler
Saturday, August 10
- HS Golf at LaJunta
Monday, August 12
- First Day of School Grades K-12
Thursday, August 15
The Kiowa County Commissioner's regular meeting was called to order on July 11, 2019 at 8:50 a.m. by Chairman Richard Scott. Robertson opened the meeting with a prayer and Pledge of Allegiance. Those in attendance:
- Richard Scott, Chairman
- Donald Oswald, Commissioner
- Howard "Butch" Robertson, Commissioner
- Delisa Weeks, County Clerk
- Tina Adamson, County Administrator
Scott moved and Robertson seconded the motion to amend the agenda and begin with the interview of Lorena Bencomo. Motion carried.
The Kiowa County Public Library blasted through July with 67 registered summer reading participants, which was an eight-year record! We offered six sessions of fun, with a grand total of 293 attendees, as we explored the space theme, "A Universe of Stories." The children got to learn about the solar system, constellations, rockets, galaxies, moon shapes, and many other things!